Trying to Lose Weight? Maybe You Should Have Eaten Breakfast!
Information provided by the American Dietetic Association: Your Link to Nutrition & Health
Every morning, getting lunches packed, the kids off to school and yourself out the door can be exhausting and leave little time for a good breakfast. New research shows that if you're trying to lose weight, you need to make breakfast a priority.
According to a study from Harvard Medical School, men and women who eat breakfast everyday are far less likely to become obese, compared to those who skip the first meal of the day.
If time is a concern in the mornings, start your day with quick breakfast options, like:
- Whole-grain cereal with fruit and milk
- Whole-grain cereal with a cup of yogurt
- Frozen waffles topped with peanut butter
- Instant oatmeal with milk and dried fruit
- A whole-wheat pita stuffed with sliced hard-cooked eggs.
If your taste buds just don't crave breakfast foods, enjoy a sandwich or leftovers like pizza, pasta or rice in the morning. Make sure to start your day the healthy way - with breakfast!